Sunday, January 31, 2010

My other man


He is so intelligent and very handsome. He is kind, quick-witted and has a great sense of humor. He has an eclectic taste in music and his style is all his own. He speaks a language only his click can understand.

Sometimes he is tempered and has a bad attitude. But most of the time he is relaxed and just goes with the flow.

My husband isn't jealous of him. In fact they get along quite well. You see this other man is my son. He is no longer a baby and not yet an adult. He impresses me with his knowledge and his reasoning. I think about the little child he was and I wonder about who he will become. He has a great head on his shoulders and big goals. He has been by my side all of the time through some of the worst moments.

He is indeed, my other man. One day I will have to let him go and share him with the world. I will watch him love, I will watch him lose. I hope to see a reflection of him in his child's eyes. May he become the man his father could not be. A loving father, a supportive father and a loyal friend. And by living his life life to the fullest; he will most definitely be a wonderful son.

Though I have great hopes and dreams for him I think he should know that I will love him unconditionally as he is my one and only son.

1 comment:

  1. he is so special to me-my one and only grandson!god knew what he is doing-he knew if he gave me the best grandson{and granddaughter}he knew i could never love another the way i do those 2.i just wish they'd slow down on the growing up!whats the rush?funny i remember my mom saying the same thing to me!is it too late to listen now?

    ReplyDelete