Thursday, December 17, 2009

Kids say the darnest things

I was talking with my friend Amber yesterday about blogging and told her that sometimes I am way to negative to write a blog. Among the ideas she gave me was the fact that with her little ones she always has a good story. I decided that this would be a wonderful time to reflect on my kids as babies.

James is now fourteen years old but here is a blast from his past: He used words like doning (doing) and bummer. He used to make his Nana and I watch invisible movies on the windows of parked cars. He liked to say hi to anyone walking down the street. Let me set the scene for his classic story: he had the Buzz Light year and Woody toys from Toy Story and one day he misplaced one. Here is his exact quote "Mom, I lost my Buzz but I still got my Woody." Poor kid, we were rolling on the floor laughing and he had no idea what was so funny.

Destinee who is twelve was quite the little flirt as a little one; some things never change. She loved to dance even to the sound of the vacuum. She said things like "Wood Life" (Word Life, said by John Cena on wrestling), I do for I love you and I not talkin to you. And she always said she would live it up like Mary Kate and Ashley.

Fast-forward to today, my son says wise-crackin remarks all the time and my daughter rolls her eyes and stomps her feet as she goes off to her room.

Isn't growing up a grand experience for all involved!

1 comment:

  1. i'm so glad you told the woody story-my very favorite!it seems like yesterday you and your brothers were the little ones we would tell storys about.hard to believe my baby girl is gonna be 31 tomarrow!i love you so very much my sweet baby{big}girl.

    ReplyDelete