Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Vacation

So we had a very lovely Christmas. Very eventful!

On Wednesday after work my family got together for dinner and the kids opened their presents. It was nice having everyone together.

Thursday morning, we left for Casey's grandmothers house in American Canyon. We have not been there in a few months and Casey really wanted to see her for the holidays. We enjoyed watching Christmas movies with grandma that evening.

Shortly after waking up and getting ready on Friday morning, family began to arrive at grandmas house. It was wonderful to see everyone and surprising to see how grown some of his younger cousins are now. We sat down to a fabulous feast around two o'clock and enjoyed each others company. By about five the house was cleared out with the exception of my little family , grandma Joan and Uncle Jerry. We again watched great Christmas movies and snacked on leftovers.

Saturday the kids and I got it together and left to visit some good friends. We started with the rather amazing Super Walmart in American Canyon (tee hee, we don't have such large stores in our little corner of the world). We headed from the store to my friend Amber's house. It was so great to catch up with her. She has a son that is a few months older than James and a daugter a year older than Destinee. The kids were anxious to visit as they grew up with her kids. Amber also has two younger boys who I had yet to meet. They were quite adorable and very entertaining. I even had an offer from one of the little guys to move in with them. After spending a good five hours with them it was time to depart. I had one more stop before heading back to grandma's house. And though it was hard to say our goodbyes I believe it is one of many future visits. I then took the kids to another friend Glenna's house. She was so glad to see us and we were glad to see her. We visited and goofed around with her, her husband and son for a few hours. Toured their beautiful home, they are weekend warriors and have put so much work into their property. After sitting down to dinner with them and watching the boys play Wii, it was time to say goodbye yet again. I had a curfew of 10:00 pm at Grandma's house and I better not be late because it was too cold to sleep in the car and too far to get home - LOL! Once I arrived at grandmas' I was greeted by Casey's cousin Spencer, who I have not seen in several years. We all hung out and chatted until it became late.

Sunday morning, we woke up, cleaned up our belongings and messes. Hugged and kissed our family then ventured back home. Once we arrived home and unpacked the car, we visited my mom and Lui to tell of our adventure and then stopped at my ex-sister-in-laws house to see what Santa brought to the little ones. Now I am home and gearing up to return to reality and work tomorrow.

All in all it was a wonderful time and I hope you had a fabulous Christmas too!

P.S. Family pictures are in and will be posted as soon as I get them scanned!

3 comments:

  1. i'm so glad you all had a good time and so very glad you got to visit with old friends.that is alway's fun!we missed you but totally understand!i love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun. I had such a great time having you all at my home! Tell the kids and Casey hi for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to read that everyone had a great time. I got your picture card in the mail and it's great! Thank you Misty.)

    ReplyDelete