Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Back to work

So I wasn't sure how much of this I was going to share but in the hopes that I am not alone, I figured I would go ahead.

Today I anticipate heading back to work after being out for four days with a total of six days in bed. I got really sick on Thursday and was diagnosed with Quincy which is an abscess on my left tonsil. It is very painful and I had difficulty talking, eating and even breathing for the past few days.

I have been sick quite a bit this past year and truly believe my body is trying to tell me something. I am too stressed and worry way to much. I need to slowdown and mostly I need to make changes in my life. I love my family very much but the teenage years are terrifying. I need to find an outlet as my kids are growing fast and do not spend the same time with me as they used to. As far as work, they are wonderful people and it is a wonderful place to be if you enjoy accounting. I am learning very much but something is missing. I am still not sure what I want to be when I grow up but I need to reach for it, whatever it may be so I can feel satisfied in the career department.

I believe that I suffer from some deep emotional issues that cause me a great deal of depression. Goes to show you can be well adjusted and feel that you have moved on in your life and still the past can rear its ugly little head.

So though you probably thought you were going to read about me heading to work after a fabulous vacation or something of this nature, I hope that it helps someone somewhere to know that we all spin alittle out of control every once in awhile.

Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to read about your illness, Misty. I've never heard of Quincy, but it sounds awful. It will be interesting to read your future posts and hopefully I can be of some help. Since our boys are the same age and going through some of the same things, we can really help each other out by talking about things.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're posting. I go through the same doubts, worries, and anxieties. It's difficult being a mom of teenagers...like a constant vurge of heartattack. And I'm already missing them 'cause they're gone so much.

    We'll hang in there together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so glad your doing this,i love blogs ,just ask my sister!i think this could be awesome for you to know your not alone.this life can be really hard to live abnd i hate to tell you after teenage years there's young adult which i kinda think is harder in some aspects.you don't have final say so and no matter how hard you try to put them on restriction,they don't listen and they don't have too!i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you NEVER stop worrying about them!!!

    ReplyDelete